Abbeyprint Limited has been established since 1956, with the primary purpose of print production, litho & digital (for commercial and non commercial customers) and the supply of office products for both commercial and retail. We have been the proud holders of ISO 14001 Environmental Management Standard since 2008 and also hold ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems certificate.
It is the aim of Abbeyprint Ltd to achieve the highest status in the So-go-eco/Carbon Smart reduction programme for our Spalding Operation. The scheme has achieved a 20% reduction since we started participating in 2008. To eliminate and/or minimise any harmful effects on the environment, caused by the activities of Abbeyprint we have adopted the following environmental objectives:
- Reduce our Carbon Footprint by 2-3% in 2017 from our 2016 measured footprint of 84.2 CO2e.
- Raise awareness internally of the actions for 2018 that we need to undertake to reduce our footprint using our 2017 Action Plan.
- Present to our customers and suppliers our carbon reduction activities, and encourage suppliers to adopt best possible environmental practices and activity.
- The company will manage its product range to ensure that products do not cause unacceptable environmental damage through its receipt, storage and disposal methods.
- The company will seek to minimise waste by investigating and eliminating unnecessary consumption. We will reduce our impacts by purchasing recycled products and packaging for own use. We will avoid landfill by recycling toner cartridges and reusing packaging materials.
- We will improve the energy efficiency of company premises and consider energy efficiency for futures premises and leases.
- Employees will be encouraged to travel to work/during work using environmentally friendly methods, car sharing or use of public transport.
Our 2017 action plan will be communicated to staff, & posted on our So-Go-Eco notice board to raise awareness of actions and the results of our environmental improvement activities.
The environmental policy will be published and shown in reception areas, general communications and on our website and a full annual review will take place alongside quarterly action plan reviews.
The internal carbon reduction team will consist of Jackie Bailey-Scott, Aubrey Howling and Mick Cocks who are responsible for action plan implementation and subsequent reduction of our carbon footprint.
Company Chairman – Review date: December 2017